Friday, February 18, 2011

Trade Review: Cards on Cards

You're all probably sick of me reaching out to you about trades by now. However, I'm really doing it to learn more about the cards/sets that I have missed the last few years. I'll try to find a card or two from your want list, and ask for a recent Yankee or two in return.

I just completed a trade with Kerry from Cards on Cards, and the assortment that he sent me is proof as to just why I do this. I sent a Chone Figgins 2010 Bowman Chrome Refractor, and Kerry sent me a great lot of a couple newer Yankee cards, and a few Tino's from his time with the Cardinals (aka Lost Years as I call them). I definitely didn't have a few of them, so I appreciate that big time. Additionally, Kerry sent me a couple 2010 Topps 206's - Jeter and Teixeira. I hadn't seen this set before, so it was great to check those out. I like them. There was also a 2009 UD Goodwin Andy Pettitte. This set was foreign to me as well. The fact that it was a Pettitte cards made it even better. The lot was rounded out with a Topps Joba RC from 2007.


Kerry, this was an awesome lot and I am really happy with what you sent. It's fun to see a few new sets that I didn't know about. Thanks again!

2 comments:

  1. I'm always interested in Angels cards (but not from the 80's) so if you'd like to trade let me know. I'll check your want list but do you also like a mix of anythig,or just Yankees?

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'd love to trade. I'll go check out your want lists as well. Mine is basically Tino Martinez, Yankees cards, and a select few insert sets on my want list. I'd definitely trade a stack of Angels for Yanks though.

    ReplyDelete