Sunday, February 27, 2011

Trade Review: Emerald City Diamond Gems

Here is another one of the AWESOME trade packs that I received on Friday. A few weeks back, I reached out to Larry at Emerald City Diamond Gems about a few Mariners cards from his want list. I had the 2011 Topps Jose Lopez, as well as a couple of Tino's for his Mariners Super Set want list. Larry agreed to send me a stack of Yankees in return.

I ended up pulling a bunch of old Tino dupes that I had as well, hoping I would send Larry a few additional Mariner cards that he didn't have. Low and behold, when I received the package from Larry, it appeared that we sent a each other a lot of the same Tino's! There was definitely two that I didn't have for certain, including a 1996 Collector's Choice, so that worked out nicely.

There was also a GREAT stack of Yankee cards, none of which I had! The highlight of the package, to me, was a 1959 (!!!!) Topps Deron Johnson Rookie Stars. I LOVE any Yankee cards from the 1950s, and this one is sweet. Definitely wasn't expecting an old gem like this. Johnson even spent 1957 with the Binghamton Triplets, my hometown team...and he hit .303 with 26 HRs and 102 RBIs there...damn good numbers. Larry, thanks for including this!

There were also a few 1979 Topps cards, including Sparky Lyle, Graig Nettles, and the team card, which are always cool. Also included were some nice 2010s that I hadn't seen, including a Topps Vintage Legends Thurman Munson. Two very shiny ARod cards made the way in to the lot - a 2006 Topps Own the Game and a 2006 Bowman Heritage Foil. Both are beauties!


Larry, thanks for the trade! I hope that I was able to send you some Tino's and other Mariners that you didn't have and that it was worth it on your end.

No comments:

Post a Comment