Wednesday, May 18, 2011

TTM Success: 1970 for my project!

I've been in a TTM drought as of late, which is no fun when you've the success that I have enjoyed over the last few months. The minor leaguers I have sent to unfortunately haven't been as responsive as I had hoped. Anyhow, I did cross off another important year off my Topps Yankees Project - 1970! Jerry Kenney returned the card I sent him in just over a week. I especially like Kenney because he spent some time playing for the Binghamton Triplets in the minors in the 1960s. With this success, the only years that I still need are 1997, 2000, 2003, and 2005 - just four years and I'll own a signed Yankees Topps card from every year dating back to 1951! I have requests out for each year, so hopefully I'll get those returns soon!

1 comment:

  1. I think you've been doing really well with your autograph collection.

    As the years go by, fewer and fewer players seem to want to take the time to deal with fan mail. When you like the Yankees, the situation only gets worse.

    ReplyDelete