Thursday, May 5, 2011

TTM Success: Big-time Yankees prospect

A few weeks back, I sent a batch of TTM requests to my favorite Yankee prospects. The returns have been a little slow, but yesterday I received two Yankee minor leaguer successes! I'll give each a separate post. First success is from 6'8" righty and all around beast Dellin Betances. I'm thrilled with this success! I sent to him in ST last year without a return, so I'm glad I tried him again. The Donruss Elite Extra Edition is an awesome card.


Dellin is an NYC kid who dominated in high school. He had a strong commitment to Vandy, but the Yanks grabbed him in the 8th round in 2006 and paid him a cool million to sign. After a few injury plagued seasons, Betances put it all together in 2010. He threw 85 innings between A+ and AA, striking out 108 while walking just 22. He looked like a skinny kid coming out of HS, but he's beefed up nicely. When I watched him on TV in spring training, I was surprised at how solid he was built. With Dellin now on the 40-man, if he stays healthy he could be in the Bronx by the end of the year. I'm very excited about this kid, as he could be a top of the rotation starter.

No comments:

Post a Comment