Friday, June 3, 2011

Tony Gwynn - autographed clear cut

Back in the late 1990's, Tony Gwynn was a great TTM signer, especially during spring training. It was a pretty rare for such a big star to be so reliable. I pulled this sweet Tony Gwynn 1996 Ultra Season Crowns insert (see want list - I'm trying to collect this set) and sent it to him in hopes of him signing it. I was worried he might think the card was cool and exchange it for a different one, so I also included a note that I had spent a lot of money on it and please sign this card if he could. A little nervy of me, but I was 12.

Luckily, Mr. Gwynn signed this card for me, and it's still one of my favorite TTM successes of all time. The signature looks great on the card! The card is completely transparent, minus the background design. It's against a black backdrop in the scan, so just picture all of that as clear.

2 comments:

  1. That's a sweet card to get autographed, it really came out nice. I was also able to get a TTM from Gwynn years ago and it's great to see that a star and HOFer like him is willing to do that. Major class act.

    ReplyDelete