Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Trade Review: Potch Wheeler #4

D over at the enjoyable Potch Wheeler and the Cardboard Heroes and I seem to be becoming fairly frequent trade partners. He collects three teams, I collect Yanks, so it's usually pretty easy to match up. I sent D a few cards I thought he'd enjoy from 2011 Topps Series Two, and he sent me some great Yanks.

The highlight of the trade for me is this Robinson Cano Topps 60 Relic. I think it's actually from Series Two because the photo of him is different than the Cano Jersey Relic I pulled from Series One. This frustrates me a little because I wanted to collect as many of the Yanks as possible, and now if some of the players featured in Series One have new relic cards in Series Two, it makes it that much harder. However, I still love the design, and am happy to add my third relic of Cano to my collection:


For comparison sake, here are the two relics side by side:


Here is an assortment of cards Potch also threw in. The Rivera is a 60 YOT card, and I've always been a fan of this card because it captures Mo's iconic pitching motion so well. I actually have the Opening Day version of this card signed by Mo. I was also excited to get the Ben Gamel (Mat's brother) Bowman, and have already sent it TTM in hopes of getting it signed. The green parallel was unexpected but welcome.

D - thanks again for a great trade!

No comments:

Post a Comment