Thursday, June 16, 2011

TTM Success: Fastest return to date

In my last post, I mentioned that I needed some TTM successes to post, as my ideas for interesting content are a bit thin right now. I have resorted to showing off Tino Martinez cards that no one (except me) cares about. Anyhow, on Monday (June 13), I sent a TTM request to Yankees pitcher Jeff Marquez. On June 15, Marquez returned my card signed. That's a quick turnaround! Granted I live a few miles from Yankee Stadium, but it means it was delivered, signed and sent back out the same day (Tuesday). Pretty cool. I'm having a lot of fun sending to guys who have just gotten called up by the Yanks. I got Noesi in four days and now Marquez in three.

I've said it before but I'll say it again: these 2008 Tristar cards look great signed. This is probably my third or fourth, and each looks beautiful. Jeff has a cool looking signature which certainly adds to it. Very loopy.


Marquez was drafted 41st overall by the Yanks in 2004. He spent a few decent years in the minors and was sent to the White Sox before the 2009 season in the Nick Swisher deal. Kenny Williams, how'd that work out for you? Marquez appeared in one game for the ChiSox in 2010, so it wasn't his ML Debut when he was added to the Yank's roster when they claimed him off waivers last week. He has made two low-leverage appearances so far.

1 comment: