Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tino Tuesdays #13: 1999 Danbury Mint gooooold


After the Yankees won the 1998 World Series, I received an incredibly generous Christmas gift from my Grandma – the entire team set of Danbury Mint 22K gold cards. They are usually offered with other products in mailers and I’m sure she saw it there. When I got it, there were only about half the cards. They rest were set to arrive in sets of 3 for the next few months, which they did.


 The other day on eBay, the 1999 version Tino Martinez popped up, as I’d assume Danbury Mint issued another set for the 1999 World Series. Since I was the only bidder, I got it for a few bucks. I know it’s not solid gold or anything valuable, but still a neat oddball to add to my PC.

1 comment:

  1. I just got my Rollie Fingers one not to long ago, there pretty neat. And I love the little holder it comes in.

    ReplyDelete