Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tino Tuesdays #16: 2004 Upper Deck #159

This is a card from a time when I was not collecting. In fact, it may be my only 2004 Upper Deck card of any kind, as I didn't recognize the set when this card was sent to me from Tony from A Common (Card) Man. I'm not as crazy about the design as I have been about some other UD cards, but I don't dislike it. I like how unobstructed the photo is. The design at the bottom of the card is something I can live without.

The photo itself is neat. Who doesn't want to be pictured after presumably hitting a HR? Unfortunately it's not something he did a whole lot in St. Louis, at least compared to their previous first baseman.


I like the backs of the card. The full career stats plus a short write up give the best of both worlds. There is a bit of dead space under the stats that should have been used for something. I like that Upper Deck chose a head shot for the back of the card as opposed to the photo from the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment