Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Uncommon (Card) contest winnings

A few weeks back, Tony from A Common (Card) Man held a contest. He pulled a black leather nameplate from a pack of 2011 Topps Update. All we had to do was guess who it was from the checklist. Well, no one guessed correctly, so then Tony random.org’d it off and somehow I came out on top. I never win these things, but I won two in one week. Weird! Anyways, I was pumped to win such an awesome card #’d to 99.


When the card arrived, I was surprised at how nice it was. The leather feels and smells real, and the black looks sharp. I have the Cano brown leather nameplate, and this will look great alongside it.

Tony and I had been working on a trade for this card, but he decided to include it in the prize as well. A Phil Rizzuto Liquorfractor. Scooter is one of my favorite Yanks of all, so this is a welcome treat.


That wasn’t the only Liquorfractor! This Cano is just amazing. He face is priceless. I now have this one and the regular Diamond shiny.

Oh, and Tony went above and beyond to find me a bunch of Tino’s I didn’t have! Always a welcome surprise! My favorite is the 1999 UD Choice Reserve that looks like an X-Fractor and is #'d 12/100. Of the eight Tino’s he sent, I didn’t have six! It’s amazing how many Tinos I still need, but this certainly helps.


Tony, thanks again for the great contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment