Saturday, December 10, 2011

TTM Success: Aaron "Bleepin'" Boone

One of my best Yankee memories is Aaron Boone's Game Seven ALCS walk-off HR vs Tim Wakefield in 2003. I was in college at the time, and for some reason my dorm-floor was littered with Massholes. Red Sox fans everywhere. It was unacceptable. Boone's HR shut them up pretty quickly. While the Yanks unfortunately didn't win the World Series, the memory of that HR is one of the finest I have.

I sent Boone this card in c/o ESPN five months ago and just got it back a few days ago. It was post-marked from Arizona, so it looks like he has his mail forwarded there. At the time I needed this for my Topps Yankees Project. He has one of the nicest signature out there in my opinion, and I appreciate this success from a Yankees legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment