Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I love me some bloodlines


Justin James is an interesting Yankees prospect. He is the son of former Yankees left fielder Dion James who was taken by the Yanks in 13th round of the 2011 draft. He was a two-sport standout (basketball being his other), but has decided to focus on baseball. Because baseball has never been his only sport, he is a little raw development-wise. However, I love me some bloodlines. To me, it's always a plus when the Yanks draft the kid of a former major leaguer. It doesn't always work out, but there is something to be said for growing up around the game and having a professional player at your disposal.


I picked up this refractor on eBay for $.75 shipped. I’ll definitely be watching him closely next year to see if he has a chance of turning into a legit prospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment