Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tino Tuesdays #21: 2001 Fleer Tradition #129


I don’t have many Tino Martinez cards that are in the look and feel of a “vintage” card. I suppose these started getting big in the early 2000’s, when I stopped collecting. I also always found it odd when companies who hadn’t been around very long (i.e. Upper Deck) released vintage-types.

I’ve picked up a couple Tinos in the vintage looks, and I recently won this on eBay for $.75 shipped. Three quarters isn’t too bad at all, although I probably still overpaid. It’s a nice card that is definitely modeled after a mid-50’ Topps card. I like the card stock and the photos. My favorite element is the name banner. It works well.

The backs are nice, with clear, readable stats and no write up. I’m not really sure about the image – it must be some sort of game as opposed to a comic. Not sure.

Overall, a nice Tino – nothing special or flashy. Just a nice card.

No comments:

Post a Comment