Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A few Munson pick ups


I currently have a half-hearted quest to get all of Thurman Munson’s Topps base cards from his playing days. I have the big ones out of the way, including his rookie and his 1971. I picked up these two base cards, as well as his 1972 In Action from eBay recently. I wasn’t after this card, but it was part of a lot, so I’ll gladly take it. The 1974 isn’t in great shape and I’ll likely upgrade it at some point. The 1978 looks pretty crisp, and he looks like a complete bad ass.. I don’t have an official want list, but I think all I need is 1972, 1977, and 1979 to complete the quest. If you have one available, let me know.


4 comments:

  1. The 1978 is a sweet card, a have a beat up OPC version from my dads old collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got a 1978 Burger King Munson that is identical to the Topps base card, except for the card number. Drop me an email at carlsonjok (at) gmail if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. '78 Topps Munson is the official card of the word "badass". I've written about this at some length, as you probably remember. There were a few completely badass cards in '78 (the Murray stands out, as does the Reggie and Mitchell Page off the top of my head).

    Glad to see you making some headway on your Munsons. I haven't been able to find a damn thing down here for you. People are buried with their Munsons in Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on the same mission as you... was waiting on a card from COMC before I did my post. Best of luck on your hunt for those last three Munsons!

    ReplyDelete