Monday, February 6, 2012

Freakin' sweet vintage from Dustin


A few weeks back, Dustin (aka A2Wolverine) of No Relics Pulled asked me for my address for his half of our trade. I was like, “Oh no, do I owe you something?” I was drawing a blank. Turns out I sent my half a while back, which shows how good I am at keeping track of my trades.

Well, I was completely blown away when Dustin’s mailer arrived with two vintage cards. Surely the Topps Update cards that I send him were completely incomparable to these. The first is a 1967 Topps Yankees team card! So freakin’ awesome. Mantle is in there! I have a couple of these cards – Angels and Giants, that I’ve had since I was a kid. No idea where they came from. But Yanks?! Never did I think I’d own one of these.


The next is a 1962 Topps Whitey Ford. This is my third vintage Whitey, although just the second that features only him. The card is awesome, and I look forward to displaying it next to my 2011 Heritage Whitey Ford Flashbacks.


Dustin, your vintage found a good home, I promise. Thanks again!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you like them! I really like the team cards from that set. It was pretty cool picking out all of the stars haha.

    ReplyDelete