Saturday, February 18, 2012

New Sketch Card: Kurt Suzuki


A few of my sketch cards have been the subjects of my posts the last few weeks. I don’t have anything else to write about, so they create some nice fodder if nothing else.

I showcased my Jesus Montero sketch card back in December (before he got traded) and Fuji of The Chronicles of Fuji reached out about acquiring one of his own. Since I’m still practicing, I told Fuji I’d make him one free of charge. He requested Kurt Suzuki, which was a nice new challenge.


It took me a few weeks, but I finally got around to drawing it. I had a blast drawing this one. It was fun to sketch a catcher and I feel like I captured his motion pretty well. Fuji – hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I like the motion in the drawing - I keep getting hung up on details when I try to sketch like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy it... Are you kidding me? It's the centerpiece of my A's shelf. I can't thank you enough!

    ReplyDelete