Monday, April 2, 2012

TTM Success: Dustin Ackley


While most of my TTM collection is Yankee-centric, I do send to players from other teams from time to time. A lot of times I’ll send to young players who I think have a bright future, trying to get their auto before they blow up too much. Here is one instance.


Dustin Ackley signed this 2011 Topps Update in just over a week c/o Mariners Spring Training. As he has done all spring, her personalized the auto, which I assume is to prevent some people from selling it. It doesn’t bother me one bit since it’s for my collection. The day it arrived, I pulled a 2012 Heritage base card of Ackley, and immediately I wished that I had it in time and that was the card I sent to get signed. Oh well.

Ackley has a really bright future a 2B for the Mariners. He is part of an exciting young offense, and once Ichiro retires, I think he’ll be the leader of the Mariners for years to come.

4 comments:

  1. I love this kid. He's one of my new favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool return! If you don't mind me asking, when did you send? I haven't gotten mine back and I sent back in late February.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should hope that your TTM collection is TTM-centric. ;)

    ReplyDelete