Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tino Tuesday #52: 1994 Upper Deck Electric Diamond #94


Kirk from Eutaw Street Cardboard recently sent me a little under 100 Tino cards. I purchased them from him in his effort to raise money for The National. There were a lot of a great Tinos in there, and a good portion which were new to my collection.


Here is one of those Tinos. It’s from 1994 Upper Deck, and it’s an Electric Diamond parallel. Upper Deck always had such cool names for things. Electric Diamond. I feel like every time I say “electric diamond” there should be a few sweet notes played on the electric guitar afterwards. “Electric diamond” bah nah nah neeeeer.


I don’t love the design of ’94 Upper Deck. The black and white repetitive photo is a little weird. The image is pretty cool though. I think it looks like Tino is diving back into first base, perhaps to avoid a pickoff attempt. I am nearly certain it’s a spring training shot, which I found a lot of Tino’s 1990s Upper Deck releases to be.

I do, however, like the shiny foul of “Electric Diamond” baaah neeh naaah neeeeeryyyyaooow.

No comments:

Post a Comment