Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tino Tuesday #53: 1999 Fleer Warning Track #268W



In the late ‘90s, I bought a lot of Fleer. They were middle of the line – somewhere between Score and Upper Deck. I usually ranked them right alongside the Topps flagship in terms or price and quality. The cards were usually designed decently, and there were fun insert sets.

This particular Tino is from 1999 Fleer. It’s the Warning Track parallel, seeded at 1 per retail pack. Interestingly, the back of the card has a “W” next to the number to signify the set. You’d think the red foul and stamp would be obvious enough, but I like the differentiation.

The image itself is decent. Full-sized, border-less shot with Tino just about to make contact. I wish the ball wasn’t covered up by his name. Speaking of which, I like the vertical block letters. The script team name is a little jarring, but overall it works.

All in all, this is a decent little card.

No comments:

Post a Comment