Monday, June 10, 2013

First packs ripped in a long time...

Yesterday, I was able to swing by Target and pick up a few packs of cards. Since a few packs of Gypsy Queen back in early April, I haven't ripped any packs. I take the subway to and from work every day, so I'm never in my car and passing by a Target. My wife usually picks up anything we would need at a big box store during the week so that we don't have to deal with them on the weekends.

However, we planned a Sunday morning Target trip, so I just had to buy some packs. I first had a blaster of Archives in my hand, but decided to put it back for some variety. I did get one jumbo pack of Archives, and a blister (I think that's what they are called) of Bowman to get my hands on some Yankee prospects. Or,you know, a Yasiel Puig 1 of 1 auto printing plate.

Mission accomplished with Bowman. Of the 33 cards in the three packs, I got 11 (!) Yankees - no dupes. A few were prospects, and a few were normal big leaguers. The Target blisters even come with a 3 card mini pack of purple parallels, and two of those were Yankees.

Here's a sampling of what I got in Bowman, including a sweet mini Refractor of Tyler Austin.
I didn't get anything too special in Archives. i did land a SP, as well as a Mini Tall Boy Anthony Rizzo that will be going to Mr. Ryan LaMonica if he needs it.


No comments:

Post a Comment