Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tino Tuesday #63: 1999 Upper Deck Wonder Years #WY18



I showed this card yesterday, but like it enough to feature it as this week’s Tino Tuesday card. From 1999 Upper Deck, the Wonder Year insert is a bit trippy. It’s got some of that crazy 1970’s bubble font, plus has some wacky colors going on. It feels like it should be featured on “That ‘70s Show”, except it already has the name of one of my favorite shows ever, which also happened to be set in the ‘60s and ‘70s, The Wonder Years.

While I wouldn’t want to see a lot bright cards like this, a few here and there don’t hurt. This one has always popped off the page when I flip to it in my Tino binder. The Tino photo isn’t great, as it’s just a pretty standard BP-near-the-cage picture, but it works.

There are actually numbered parallels to these cards as well, and they have different color combinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment