Thursday, July 11, 2013

Reclaiming my old cards: Cecil Fielder TTM




The next TTM cards I reclaimed in the clear cube of cards was one of my favorites. I definitely forgot about this one, but was thrilled to find it. Cecil “Big Daddy” Fielder signed my two Yankee. The Stadium Club card looks particularly cool.

Big Daddy played a big role (pun very much intended) in the Yankees march to the 1996 World Series title. I was excited when the Yankees got him at the trade deadline. I was sleeping over at a friend’s house, and his dad actually came in and woke us up after midnight to tell us.

It was a little bittersweet seeing him start a few games in the World Series over Tino. However, Torre had to go with the hotter bat in the NL park. Regardless, Cecil was a force in the middle of the line-up, and I really enjoyed having him in NY after he was so good with the Tigers in the early ‘90s.

No comments:

Post a Comment