Wednesday, August 7, 2013

P(WE)-Town Tom delivers

P-Town Tom of the blog Waiting Til Next Year is quickly becoming PWE-Town Tom. I think this is the third PWE he has sent me in the past month or so. I saw a card that Tom had won on Listia asking if it was for trade. Indeed it was. I shot him an email that said "PWE trade?" and he replied, "I already shipped it out in a PWE this morning, so yes." Classic.

Here is the card that started it. I love holograms, especially holograms of Yankees. They are such an early '90s Upper Deck thing. I would love to see them as in insert in a newer Topps release (like Opening Day??), but that would be a lot to ask, of course. You know, issuing cards that are fun.
Tom stuffed the PWE with four cards. The Yankee Stadium card is awesome. I've been using these types of cards for TTMs when I don't have a card of a player, like a prospect or a retired player from way back. I like it better than the generic "Signature" cards.
A cool oddball Mattingly from 1990 Statline.
 Miller Huggins! Maybe this will go in Joey's HOF binder. I like these cards a lot. Very nice cardstock and texture.
Lastly, Michael Kay! I actually have this card signed my Kay from a TTM I sent him, but I didn't have a second copy. Luckily, I do now.


Thanks, Tom!

No comments:

Post a Comment