Saturday, March 15, 2014

Past TTM Success: Tony Gwynn

Last week, I tricked enough people into thinking that my Tim Salmon TTM success was recent, and I got a lot of page views. Sneaky, eh? I kid, I kid.

Actually, I just found a few of my old TTMs from when I was a kid, and wanted to scan and show them off.

In the late '90s, Tony Gwynn was a great TTM signer via spring training. I remember pulling this sweet clearcut card from a pack of Fleer Ultra. Stupidly, I sent it to Gwynn to get signed. I was so worried that he would find it to be too cool of a card and keep it for himself, that I taped a note to the toploader that said, "I spent a lot of money on this card, please do not replace." What a jerk. Tony should have bent it in half and sent it back to me.
Instead, he was awesome and signed it. It looks freakin' awesome. I wish I could accurately show the clearcutness of the card, but trust me, it's fantastic. I need to buy this whole set. I've tried to pick up singles here and there with no success.

Anyways, not for trade or anything, but figured it was as good a time as any to show it off.


2 comments:

  1. I'm seriously envious. A beautiful card signed by my favorite athlete... it doesn't get much better than this.

    ReplyDelete