Wednesday, April 23, 2014

In stitches

Normally, there's not much to get excited about with a plain gray jersey swatch. It's always nice to have a relic, but plain gray can be very boring without a stripe or patch.
Therefore, I was pleasantly surprised when I received this Michael Pineda relic card with a thread stiched through a portion of it. I had wanted to pick up this card for my PC and got it cheap on ebay, but didn't know there would be more than some boring gray. Very cool! It certainly didn't cause the seller to place a premium on it, as it was one of the most affordable Pineda relics on the 'bay right now.

What about you? Have you ever been surprised by an ordinary swatch? Did it have some stitches, rips, or dirt?

2 comments:

  1. I recently picked up an Elvis Andrus relic that is filthy. I posted about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice purchase. It's always cool to find a relic card with a stitch or even some dirt... although I refuse to pay a premium.

    ReplyDelete