Sunday, April 13, 2014

Mmmm, Leather

Ok, maybe fake leather. But it still sort of smells like leather.

I saw this card on eBay with a Best Offer option. I submitted what I thought was fair. The seller responded with a counteroffer that $.25 more. Ugh. I wanted to decline out of principle, but I wanted this Michael Pineda too much. So I sucked it up, gave in, and accepted the offer. Well played, Mauer.

Anyhow, this is from those nifty 2011 Topps Update manu-leather nameplates. I'm not sure if they came in blasters or packs or what. They aren't that easy to find three years later, so it was a Pineda I wanted to grab on the cheap before his card prices shoot up.

I still need to find the black one #'d to 99. I messed up and didn't pull the trigger on a pretty cheap one a few weeks ago. Oh well. I'll live.

1 comment: