Wednesday, June 4, 2014

PWE in the Night

I got an unexpected PWE from Watertown, NY, home of the Night Owl. I always appreciate a good PWE, and this had five goodies in it.

First off, a 2013 Opening Day blue parallel of CC Sabathia. For the past two years, Opening Day is dominating the flagship with it's blue parallels. These ones were gorgeous and sparkly, while this year's are less sparkly, but still a fantastic looking blue. Sure beats the pea green and yellow parallels from 2014 Topps. I'm assuming this came from the treasure trove of $2.98 Opening Day blasters Greg found.
You may think I'm joking, but I think Topps actually used a nice photo of CC that doesn't make him look massively obese. He's a big dude, we all know that. But Topps keeps using such unflattering images. Check out a few of these recent ones:
 
Next up, not just one, but three minis! I believe all but one of the 1975 Topps minis I own are from Greg. I love the Betances and needed it for my PC. How good has this guy been?!
Lastly, Greg Bird. Kind of funny. Greg...he's Night Owl...owl is a bird...Greg Bird. Anyone? No? No? No.
 
Greg, thanks for the cards. Much appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment