Tuesday, June 17, 2014

TTM Success: Austin Aune

In mid-May, I shot a TTM request to Yankees prospect Austin Aune. This past weekend, my card was returned signed:
I actually sent this to the Yanks' minor league complex in Tampa. Had I waited a few weeks, I could have just sent to Staten Island, where Aune has been assigned.

Aune is one of those highly-recruited QBs who chose baseball instead of college football. He was committed to TCU, but turned pro after the Yanks drafted him in the second round in 2012. His pro career hasn't quite gone as expected, spending the last two seasons in the Gulf Coast League and developing a little slower than you'd like to see for a second-rounder. Still, there is a lot of hope for him.

This year he makes the jump to Staten Island, and hopefully he enjoys some success. He's got a lot of athletic ability, but just needs to put it all together. He needs to cut down on the Ks, and make consistent contact while taking a few more walks. In all the interviews I've seen, he seems like a great kid, so here's to wishing Austin the best of luck this season and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment