Monday, July 7, 2014

Congrats to the Yankees All-Stars

Congratulations to Derek Jeter, Masahiro Tanaka, and Derek Jeter on being named to the AL All-Star team.  I agree that Jeter, based on stats alone, is not worthy, but I've got no problem with him being voted in by fans. Happens all the time where guys who shouldn't get voted in. If it wasn't his last season, it would be more egregious.
 
You can't argue with Tanaka. He's been everything the Yankees could have hoped for, and then some. I constantly have to remind myself that he's only 25 years old every time I see him pitch. Worth every penny so far.
I'm most excited for Dellin Betances. What a great, great story. He's a local NYC kid who has experienced everything from being a top prospect on the verge to a complete bust. He couldn't figure it out consistently as a starter, despite having dominant stuff. He was moved to the 'pen last year, and the move has paid off, as he's been one of the best relievers in the game this year and a true asset to the Yankees. Well deserved. I hope he gets an inning in the game.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, just wanted to reach out as one blogger to another! Just found your blog on google while searching for a world series ticket to re-create for someone :)

    ReplyDelete