Saturday, November 15, 2014

Uncle Tiny strikes!

From time to time, Wes at Jaybarkerfan's Junk would show off some treasures sent to him by Uncle Tiny. Honestly, I have no clue if Tiny is actually Wes' uncle, cousin, friend, etc. All I know is that he always sent Wes some really thoughtful stuff.

At some point, I made a comment about Uncle Tiny's generosity and asked if he was taking applications for new nephews. It turns out he was. I should know better than to make a comment like that when dealing with JBF or anyone who may or may not be his uncle.

Tiny reached out through Wes, and of course a bubble mailer landed on my doorstep.

It was chock FULL of Yankees. Look!
And also had a very, very sweet Michael Pineda green refractor. Holy smokes is this a nice green!
Uncle Tiny also found out I was a Bengals fan, and hooked me up with some really cool football cards. Not being a very active football collector, it's always fun to see some football releases from the past few years. One thing I've noticed is that a lot of football sets are really classy in design.
I really like this Darqueze Dennard RC. I'm a little disappointed he hasn't had more of a impact after a great college career, but sometimes it takes corners a little longer to establish themselves in the NFL. I hope that's the case here.
 
I also have an irrational love for this Darnay Scott card. See, growing up, the only time I could watch the Bengals was when they played the Giants, Jets, or Bills...which was never. They got zero highlights on ESPN because they stunk, so I was left with reading boxscores about the mythical WRs Darnay Scott and Carl Pickens. I knew all of their stats, despite never seeing them play.

Uncle Tiny, thank you so much.

1 comment:

  1. Okay so in addition to the 2013 Bowman Draft Ty Hensley rainbow, you're also working on the 2013 Bowman Chrome Michael Pineda rainbow. Noted.

    ReplyDelete