Saturday, February 21, 2015

A Christmas Zapping: Part 4 (the end)

This has been fun, but the box of Zippy Zappy's Christmas Zapping has come to end with just a few more packs. It's a been a great run with some amazing cards. So how will it end?

Pack #18 literally couldn't start any better with a Ty Henlsey #'d to 99 that I needed! That's always a huge plus. Also, the Pacific card makes it look like the player's name is Jardinero Corto, not Andy Stankiewicz.
I love the 1971 Stick Michael! Also, another picture of Big Daddy running. Those card companies loved that back in the day.
Wow. Wow. Wow. Pack #20 with a case hit! You know when Topps packs state "packs with relics may contain less cards"? Well, it's because of thick-ass cards like this! This Yogi is just tremendous. I've never seen one of these up close, and for a manu-relic, it's a very cool card and very well done.
Here's a sweet vintage pull! It's a 1954 Bowman Tom Gorman. It's a very cool card from an amazing set! I love the sky and his Dwight Schrute glasses.
The final pack of them all! Pack #23 has a sweet Pineda diecut. I also love the Ricky Ledee SI card. He signed this card for me TTM back in 1999, and I never replaced it without a signature. Now I have it!
Kenny, this was an absolute blast. Thanks again for the box!

1 comment:

  1. I would've appreciated the Berra a lot more if Topps hadn't used the same two photos of him they've used a trillion times already.

    ReplyDelete