Wednesday, March 25, 2015

This kind of sushi I like

I'm not a huge sushi fan. I know most people are. Sometimes I tolerate it, as it tends to be popular for business lunches or dinners, and I need to eat something. But do I ever crave sushi? Nope.

But when it's cards for Nomo's Sushi Platter, sign me up for every meal of the day! Spiegel and I completed our first trade in a long, long time, and he sent a bunch of great stuff. Here's a sampler platter, if you will...
Somehow, my favorite card is this Angel Berroa relic. The man who didn't deserve to win the ROY over Hideki Matsui in 2003 played 21 unforgettable games for the Yankees in 2009. I didn't even know he had any Yankees cards, let alone a relic! This feels very unique, and I like it. It's also a pretty nice looking card too.
Here are some nice hits of Ross Ohlendorf and Alfonso Soriano. I believe I have this Moonshots insert/relic of Giambi as well, but it's a game-used base. In this instance, this has a swatch of Soriano's pants. I like when they tell you what it is. Pretty cool, and just a fun card design. I mean, that moon is giant.

Seriously, the photography on these next two cards is amazing.
Well done, Upper Deck and Topps.

I didn't have this Tino! I remember this set well, but had no idea I didn't have the Tino! Go on the internet to learn more about your favorite baseball players!
Spiegel was nice enough to send some HOFers for Joey as well! Seriously, what a kind gesture! My kid's going to have a rad binder of HOFers.
And here's a few more fun cards that were included in the platter. Spiegel, thank you, my friend!


2 comments:

  1. I forgot Delgado started out as a catcher. That is a great trade package.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lost Collector! Email me anytime for a swap of cardboard. Thanks for the trade.

    ReplyDelete