Sunday, March 29, 2015

TTM Succees: Chasen Shreve

During the off-season, I was a bit disappointed to learn that the Yankees traded former top prospect Manny Banuelos to the Braves for two relievers, David Carpenter and Chasen Shreve. The once future of the rotation, traded for middle relievers?

The truth is, Banuelos never was quite right after TJ surgery. He's still young enough to rebound, but most scouts, from what I've read, are still saying that he isn't what he once was. I do wish him the best of luck in Atlanta, and I know he'll make his long awaited MLB debut this season.

One young, promising arm the Yankees got back was lefty Chasen Shreve. He made his ML debut in 2014, pitching to a 0.73 ERA in 12 innings, striking out 15. Not bad at all for a 24-year-old. Combine him with Andrew Miller, Justin Wilson, and Jacob Lindgren, and the Yanks certainly have a gluttony  of lefty relievers.
Shreve was nice enough to sign this card for me c/o spring training in about 5 weeks time. I thank Chasen for this autograph, and hope to see him in the Bronx this season.

1 comment: