Tuesday, May 19, 2015

An All-American pick up




This is one of those cards I’ve been after for awhile. You know those cards that either pop up and are too expensive, or you keep getting outbid on? Yeah, that was this one for me.

But patience pays off. It always does. I finally added this Ty Hensley 2011 Topps Under Armour All-American Game autograph, and the price was very right.

This is a card of Ty before he was a Yankee, which is cool. The moment I saw it, I wanted it. I just wasn’t meant to have it for whatever reason.

I was extra giddy when it finally arrived. The card has a nice, non-glossy finish, something I wish that many current autograph issues had. Think of a Topps Archives-type cardstock, which is great for autographs. I would love to see Bowman take this approach with their autographs, actually.

It’s a great card, and I’m thrilled to finally have it.

2 comments:

  1. On card always beats sticker, and, to be honest, I prefer the matte finish over the glossy when it comes to autographs. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing that that's one of the few Ty cards in your collection that has a bat in the pic. Nice card :).

    ReplyDelete