Monday, September 7, 2015

Whitey, we're still cool.

A long time ago, Whitey Ford gave me a cranky half TTM success. In case you missed it back in the day, here's a link: CLICK HERE.

I know that would have turned some people away, but not me. I did get something out of it, plus a good story. It was worth the two stamps.
Since then, I've picked up some decent Whitey cards on eBay and through blogger packages. My latest yet is this sweet 1961 Topps. This is a hard set to score the big name Yanks, so I'll take it. It's a bit beat up along the bottom, but not horrible overall.

Out of the big Yanks from the 50s and 60s, Whitey cards are some of the easiest to come by. He's definitely behind Mantle, Maris, Berra, and Rizzuto in terms of difficulty. I've been scooping them up fairly regularly and will continue to do so.

1 comment:

  1. Great card. I started picking up Whitey about 9 months ago for my Lefty PC.

    ReplyDelete