Thursday, November 5, 2015

3 for 11

Gone are the days when I buy Tino Martinez card lots on eBay. I used to regularly snag 25-card lots, knowing I'd need a good chunk of them. Now, they are usually always dupes, so I stay away.

However, last week I saw an 11-card lot headlined by the two cards below. I need them both, so I bid and ended up winning the lot for the minimum bid. The first is a bat relic from Topps Reserve. The other, a Star Ruby parallel #'d to 125.
The kicker is that I couldn't see the other nine cards.

So how did I fare? 1 new Tino and eight dupes. Oh well. At least there was another new one, this disc below.
Overall, I ended up with three new Tinos out of 11 purchased, but a relic, a low numbered card, a die-cut parallel. Not a bad haul.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. Most of the time the Torrens lots that pop up are all dupes (in that they're all usually the same card in the first place).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have much luck with lots either anymore. My best hope is finding some newer WVU lots, but they are few are far between. Anything Pirates are going to be full of dupes.

    ReplyDelete