Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Just turn it 90 degrees



Verizon has this content app called Go90. I recently learned the “90” in the name is associated with turning your phone 90-degrees so it acts as a more conventional video-viewing screen. I would have never guessed that from the name, but made sense once the logic was explained to me.

Anyhow, I was reminded of Go90 when these two cards arrived. It’s my first look at the 2016 Allen & Ginter, although if you told me in was 2013 or 2014 or 2015 I wouldn’t have argued. I’m at the point now where I can’t look at Ginter and automatically know which year it’s from.
I do like the teal/aqua color of Allen & Ginter. That was a nice touch.

What most threw me was that the mini that accompanied the base card – in this instance a black bordered version – was turned 90 degrees. Perhaps this is a common trend, but I don’t think I’ve noticed it before. Topps was able to show a bit more of the photo, as well as the background of the image. It also looks more like Luis Severino than Big Mike. Just a weird angle.

Anyhow, I thought it was an interesting route for Topps to take, and wonder if anyone else has thought something similar when comparing the base cards to the minis. I also know this product has been out for about six weeks and this topic likely has already been touched upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment