Thursday, August 25, 2016

SuperTraders #18: Johnny's Trading Spot



If there were a blogger nice guy award, I feel like one of the first nominees would be John from Johnny Trading Spot. I don’t think I’ve ever received a package from him that A.) wasn’t extremely thoughtful and B.) didn’t include something for my son, Joey.

John even goes out of his way sometimes to shoot me a note and ask what Joey is into these days. So when a flatrate box arrived, I knew my son and I would be in for a treat.

And a treat it was! I’m actually going to start with the cards John sent for Joey, because those really mean a lot.

First off, there were a bunch of packs of quite the random assortment of non-sports cards!
So far, Joey has opened a pack of fire engine cards, as well as a pack of Batman that included 20+ year old gum. I didn’t let him eat the gum as much as he whined about it. There were some crazy sets I had no idea even existed, ranging from Muppets to Dinosaurs to Bozo The Clowns. There were even a pack of Cinderella cards, which I gave to my two-year-old daughter.

The Batman cards came with a small 12-piece puzzle which Joey has assembled about 20 times since last night.

There were also a bunch of loose cards, by far highlights by these Sportflics-like Toy Story cards. I’ve mentioned before how much Joey likes “moving cards”, so combining that technology with one of his favorite movies? Big winner.
I remember this GI Joe set well from when I was kid. I had a ton of these. I even had the Croc Master action figure, which was a super tough find, as many of you toy collectors might know. Him and Big Boa were the toughest to find. Some guy probably made out like a bandit with my GI Joe collection for a cheap price at one of my mom’s garage sales.
John also included a bunch of NASCAR cards, mostly just featuring the car itself, as Joey is into cars and race cars, like many 4-year-olds.
Also, I had to include a card of Dick Trickle, because Dick Trickle.

But it wasn't just non-sports cards! There was a healthy dose of Hall of Famers.
As for me, there were a great batch of ‘90s cards.
This Bobby Meacham threw me off, but I believe it’s because it’s the Tiffany version.
Another Crosetti! Bloggers are on a roll sending me cards of Crow. I don’t think I’ve seen these with the “Major League Baseball 125th Anniversary” foil on the side. If I have, I’ve never noticed!

Here are a few more I liked quite a bit.
 
John, thanks so much for thinking of us. Hope you needed a few cards in the return package I sent!

2 comments:

  1. JUST GOT THEM TODAY, AND YES I NEEDED MANY OF THEM. ALTHOUGH NO RETURN WAS EXPECTED AS YOUR PACKAGE WAS FOR WINNING A CONTEST, SO I WILL PUT TOGETHER ANOTHER ONE FOR YOUR HOUSE. I'LL GET A POST UP SOON FOR THE ONES YOU SENT ME, AND THANKS BACK AT YOU.

    ReplyDelete