Sunday, February 5, 2017

Super Bowl Sunday

Ahh, the day of "the big game." (I hate that reference, but get why the world has to do it).

I'm not a football card collector. Never have been and never will be. All the same, over my time as a collector, I have amassed a few football cards (mostly from JBF!). I have a stack from when I was a kid, as I'd usually get a few packs a year. This was usually the case if the drugstore was out of baseball or basketball. I still needed something to rip, as any card addict can relate.

I have exactly one Matt Ryan and one Tom Brady. I'll likely put the Brady in Joey's HOF binder. I certainly will be rooting for Atlanta tonight, as I don't wish success on any team from the Boston area. I'd like to see the Falcons come out on top, although I know it likely won't happen.
We'll be heading over to a friend's house to let the kids run around like hooligans. My plan is to leave at halftime and come back home. Hopefully the game won't be over by then. I hope everyone here has a good time, and more importantly, stay safe. Don't drink and drive!

In honor of today's big game Super Bowl, here are a few of the football cards from the aforementioned stack. Nothing valuable or fancy, but still cool to have.
 



2 comments:

  1. Can't stand the Cowboys... and I was more of a Sanders guy than an Emmitt fan. But damn... I gotta admit that 1995 Topps card of Smith is sensational. What an awesome action shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That game sure did seem over at the half. Hopefully you stuck with it!

    ReplyDelete