Monday, April 3, 2017

A custom card contest victory



March was not been a great posting month, but hopefully I can get back to my daily posting shortly. I intend to within the next week or two.

Anyhow, I recently received a great contest package from Jeff at 2x3 Heroes last week. The contest was from several months ago, when we had to create a custom of our younger selves. Mine was this bad boy, which happened to receive the most votes.
I actually forgot about the contest, so Jeff would have been off the hook due to my increasingly faulty memory, but he’s a good dude and ended up sending it my way.

Here are the prizes he showed off that headlined the package. While none are guys I collect, there are some sweet cards and I appreciate Jeff's generosity. The Randy Johnson GQ relic is very cool, and numbered to 50. Not a bad card of a HOFer. The Springer is one of those camo SPs which I would have never seen if I hadn’t known from his post. My bro-in-law is a huge Mets fan, and while not a collector, will likely get a kick out of the John Franco auto.
 
There were some very cool Yankee cards included as well.

This Gary Sheffield is pretty cool. The fireworks are an awesome touch. I think UD First Pitch is similar to Topps Opening Day.
A couple of really cool Mantles.
I love Turkey Red. Those cards always look so awesome. I’d love Godzilla to sign this one day.
Refsnyder! I feel a little bad for him. He’s been jerked around a bit by the Yanks and really had to play out of position the last few years to get a few big league ABs. He was the best offensive prospect the Yankees had until some legit prospects made the upper levels. With that being said, he doesn’t have a true position and has little power, so it’s not hard to see why he’s been passed over. It seems like a breakup is inevitable soon, as his 40-man spot is valuable.
I’ll end with a sweet Rivera. I feel like it’s rare to get an action shot like this in an A&G. 
Jeff, thanks for the great contest!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me what was actually IN that envelope. It had been sealed up so long I forget what I put inside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome custom! Congratulations on the win... you totally deserve it. Love that Mantle 68 3D card from 2012 Archives. That is such an awesome set.

    ReplyDelete