Friday, April 28, 2017

TTM Success: Donny Sands

This card looks awesome signed!

Yankees minor league catcher Donny Sands signed my card c/o the Charleston Riverdogs. It was the only card of Sands I had, so I shipped off this Bowman Chrome Gold & Black Refractor, and the signature stuck perfectly. I did run an eraser over the card prior to sending to try and remove a little gloss.

According to MLB.com, Sands is the Yankees #26 overall prospect. He was converted to catcher from 3B, and is by and large still learning the position. Still, the hit tool is there. He's off to a bit of a slow start at Charleston, so hopefully he heats up soon. It can't be easy learning to catch, while still staying sharp offensively.


3 comments:

  1. That signature pops on the card. Normally you see people convert from catcher to other positions, not 3B to catcher. Interesting. I wonder why they did that for his development.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic, I hope I get mine back soon too.

    ReplyDelete