Wednesday, May 10, 2017

His swing, the crack, Refractors on the back

My first Topps NOW card of 2017 arrived, outside of the free Mike Trout everyone else got.

The front was pretty much what I expected:
Similar card stock and gloss as last year.

However, the back was quite a bit different than expected. It had a rainbow, refractor-like shine.
I certainly don't mind this, but not sure what the real point is. I don't really want the back of my card feeling more premium or fancier than the front. It certainly didn't delay printing time, as the card arrived quickly.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Refractor version of some Topps NOW cards, but perhaps that will come down the road for a special set or a feat. For example, it would be cool to have a Refractor shimmer on All-Star Game Topps NOW editions.

Only time will tell, but I like that Topps is experimenting a little more with these.


1 comment:

  1. So, it looks like the Spring Training Team sets have the refractor - I just got a Kennys Vargas in the mail today. The Topps NOW from the WBC this spring don't have the refractor back.

    ReplyDelete