Thursday, October 19, 2017

Tanaka Time from a Rangers fan

I recently got a surprise package from Judson of My Cardboard Habit. He is a well-documented Rangers fan, so I have to assume the ALCS is a bit tough for him - the hated Yankees versus the hated Astros. From what I can tell, Rangers fans aren't particularly fond of the Astros, and some are actually rooting for the Yankees to come out of the AL.

I'm not sure where Judson falls on the issue, but that didn't stop him from sending me some great Yankees that he felt he needed to get out of the house.

The highlight of the package were a few Masahiro Tanaka cards, there hero of last night's Game 5 victory:
I think it's my first Tanaka relic, so that's cool. I also really like the diecuts, as I'm a sucker for those types of cards.
This is my first in-hand look at Inception. I really like the design. I can't believe Dellin Betances has been such a non-factor this post-season. From a four-time All-Star in the last four seasons to someone who can't even be trusted in mop-up duty. I really hope Betances is able to find peace this off-season, and fix the mechanical flaws that are causing his control issues. He's too good for this.

Judson also sent this cool DiMaggio Diamond King, as well as a Gary Sanchez coin.
Thanks for the cards, Judson!

2 comments:

  1. Tanak was amazing yesterday. All of the starters have done well so far. Which bodes really well in giving D-Rob, Chapman, Green and Kahnle the rest they need (and makes sure they don't need Betances unless absolutely necessary in the process).

    ReplyDelete