Saturday, December 23, 2017

I want my buyby, buyby, buyby back

I don't think that post title worked. Baby back? Buy-by back? Buy back?

Oof. Lay off the spiked eggnog, Lost Collector.

Anyhow, my dude over at Collecting Cutch sent me a finder's fee for helping him track down that Andrew McCutchen card of the year he recently showed off.

It was a gesture he really didn't need to do. He's sent me far more Tino's that I need versus anything I've done to help his 2,000+ McCutchen collection along. Still, I very much appreciate it.

I'm not sure if he found these grouped together or what, but here are four Tino Martinez buy back cards from this year - 1 Rediscover Topps in blue, and then three Bowman 70th anniversaries. I believe two are gold and one is bronze.
 
 
From what I can gather, the blue buy backs from Topps are amongst the rarer ones. In terms of Bowman, the golds are rarer than the bronze.
And to top it off, there was also a Tino Martinez printing plate from 1998 Pacific Online! I think this is the second plate he has sent me. I don't have many Tino 1/1s at all, so this is quite special as well.

Brian, thank you for thinking of me and helping my Tino collection at all! I hope 2018 sees you add even more amazing McCutchen cards.

3 comments:

  1. That is quite the finder's fee! Awesome cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A plate, from the 90's? Damn, you don't see those too often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked the cards. Thanks again for pointing the card out to me as it's my favorite card produced of Cutch this year. I hope you had a Merry Christmas my friend.

    ReplyDelete