Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Johnny lights up the mailbox again



One of my favorite bloggers out there is John of Johnny’sTrading Spot. He’s always fun to follow, posting cards of vintage, card show pickups, and amusing posts like “shadow shots.” He also seemingly has an endless supply of cards that he generously sends out very regularly.

He is definitely one of my main sources for Tino cards, as he’s always on the lookout. He sent a few my way in a recent package, including two I didn’t have:
He was kind enough to label the Rediscover Topps as a “copper.” I probably wouldn’t have been able to tell. The Prestige was just one of those random base cards from a random set I would have never realized I needed. While there were some dupes in there, I still appreciate them. Here are a few of the ones I liked most.
Fleer Excel minor league cards were awesome. There were a lot of minors issues in the early ‘90s, I’m now realized. This Pettitte is definitely cool.
I showed a Melky Cabrera card yesterday, so why not another? I think this Bazooka design is very underrated. I liked Bazooka in the mid-90s, but wasn’t around for their short comeback around 2005.
Drake’s oddballs! Oh hell yes. Who doesn’t love these?
What a great card of NFL QB Brandon Wheeden. I definitely checked to see if he signs TTM, but all signs point to no. This card would look great signed.
Lastly, as he does from time to time, Johnny sent a few NASCAR cards for Joey. I gave him one before I could scan it – a cool picture of Kyle Petty’s Mello Yello car popping out of an Action Packed card. Joey goes, “Whoa-a-a-a-a suuhhweeet!” when he saw it and ran it up to his collection, so I’ll just have to show this instead.
Johnny, thanks as always!

2 comments:

  1. Glad y'all liked them. Even better for the needed Tino's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John is crazy active with the trades. Hard one to keep up with. He sends so many cool cards.

    ReplyDelete