Saturday, February 10, 2018

The Lost Collector Turns 7!

Holy smokes. This little tiny blog turns seven years old today. My very first post was on this day in 2011. Since then, there have been 1,946 posts. Sure, most of them are show and tell, but this blog is the reason I'm still so into collecting after coming back into the hobby.

It's crazy to think how much my life has changed since 2011. Two kids, two different jobs, a house. I've grown up a lot.

I'm 34 years old too, which means I've had this blog for about 1/5 of my life. Funny way to look at it.

So much has happened in baseball since then. Here is the Yankees 2011 Opening Day lineup.

Gardner
Jeter
Teixeira
Rodriguez
Cano
Swisher
Posada
Granderson
Martin
Sabathia

Damn, that was pretty good.

Who knows what's in store for the next seven years. Hopefully a lot of this guy:
Anyhow, thank you for helping to keep this blog going and for the thousands of cards sent my way since 2011.

22 comments:

  1. Congrats on seven years. Here's to seven more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Here's to another 7 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratuloso! Lucky 7, what was that DamnYankee that wore that number, JK, I know it was Yogi, JK again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 7 years! And hey..the first and last players you listed are still with the Yanks, so that's something. I'd rather face that 2011 lineup than what the Yanks will have in 2018 (or *gulp* 2019!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bluh, I've had to watch Brett Gardner for that long? ... Happy Mantleversary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who would have thought Brett Gardner would still be a Yankee after all this time.
    Happy blog birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, 7 years! I remember when you were toddling around in your blogging diapers. Now you are a fine you man blogger. Excuse me, I've got some tears of pride to wipe away.

    ReplyDelete