Saturday, March 17, 2018

An affordable trip to the Pacific

Earlier this month, Colbey from Cardboard Collections held one of his patented Affordable Group Breaks. This time, it was for a box of 1993 and 1994 Pacific.

I'm a lover of the Pacific brand, notably from the late '90s and early 00s, but I still wanted in on these. One thing I noticed is that they did a great job on the card backs. Those are some great, full-sized images of the players.
And early on, they were in Spanish, of course!

I think I like the 1994 design the most. It took a big step forward from 1993, and I think it holds up pretty well. Simple, but nice.
And here's 1993:
Great cropping though. Would love to see this from Topps.

My second team slot was the Phillies, but not much to show there.

Thanks for the break, Colbey!


2 comments:

  1. Topps could definitely learn something from Pacific's cropping job.

    ReplyDelete