Sunday, March 11, 2018

Zippy Zappy's methods work!

One of the best fellow TTMers out there is good 'ol Zippy Zappy.

I can't remember where I saw it, which leads me to believe it was on Twitter, but ZZ sometimes includes a card for that player that isn't of the player himself. Just a small gift for him to keep.

Hmm, I don't think I've ever done that!

On the back of Chance Adams' 2017 Bowman Chrome, the card said he models his game after Trevor Rosenthal, and idolized Willie Mays. Interesting.

I dug through some cards and couldn't find a Rosenthal, but I did find a Mays Turn Back The Clock from the mid-80s. So I included it in my TTM request to Adams.

My card came back signed, along with a post-it:
Cool! What a great idea, ZZ. Hope you don't mind me ripping you off.



5 comments:

  1. When Brandon Phillips was a prospect, I may have included a Deion Sanders and/or Barry Larkin cards in a TTM request since I read somewhere Phillips idolized them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's pretty cool! Nice idea by ZZ and good execution on your part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ey, congrats on the Adams success!

    TBH, sometimes I do send the players a card of themselves when I have that but not a card of their idols, sometimes the players don't quite need that, but other times they do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. Who knows... maybe Adams will turn into a Mays super collector.

    ReplyDelete